OurFamilyWizard is a technology company on a mission to help families thrive across all of life’s circumstances. We bring together two leading family management brands: OurFamilyWizard, the world’s most trusted co-parenting application, and Cozi, the #1 family organizing app.
Cozi is the leading family calendar and organizing app, helping millions of families manage busy family life and receiving over 250,000 5-star ratings. OurFamilyWizard is a SaaS technology platform that enables families to co-parent seamlessly across households. Nearly one million parents and family law practitioners have leveraged OurFamilyWizard to coordinate schedules, record documentation, exchange digital payments, and settle disputes. Together, the platforms provide a holistic set of solutions for all types of families.
We recently received a private investment round from Spectrum Equity, putting Cozi and OurFamilyWizard in the same neighborhood as Grubhub, Ancestry.com, Headspace, and others. We are looking for passionate team members to join us in accelerating our growth to the next level by reaching the millions of families who can benefit from our technology solutions.
As a Senior AI/ML Engineer, you will serve as a key individual contributor, working alongside Data Engineering to implement and refine AI/ML solutions on the OurFamilyWizard co-parenting platform to optimize user interaction and communication capabilities. You will join an existing Data team to translate the potential in our Data Lakehouse into insights and operationalized services that ultimately make life a little bit easier for families on our platform. You will be empowered and supported as a partner with executive leadership to shape AI/ML strategies, particularly in LLMs, to drive business outcomes and establish robust data science principles. We are looking for an experienced AI/ML technologist who is invigorated by data-driven learning and optimization of user experiences, motivated to solve meaningful problems for co-parenting families, and thrives on feedback in the form of positive outcomes for our users.
What you will accomplish:
- Implement technologies in both AWS and Databricks effectively for handling and processing large datasets pertinent to training and validating models.
- Establish and lead practices for model selection, training, and validation methodology
- Train, manage, and operationalize LLM’s utilizing data contained within a Data Lakehouse
- Conduct performance tuning, testing, and optimization of AI systems, leveraging data science and Databricks methodologies to create and optimize a production pipeline.
- Establish and uphold ethical standards and data privacy compliance in AI solutions, aligning with company values and emerging legal policies and guidelines
- Offer specialized AI/ML expertise as a partner to OurFamilyWizard and Cozi Product, Engineering, Design, and Technology teams, guiding the development and optimization of AI features.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in AI/ML, particularly in LLMs along with AWS, Databricks/Apache Spark technology.
Who you are:
- Confident craftsperson. You have the tools you need to solve most problems, are comfortable speaking to multiple approaches, and have an opinion on the best approach given the constraints.
- Scientific artist, artistic scientist. You understand that software is necessarily complex, and are capable of driving clarity in the face of complexity while valuing simplicity as the ultimate sophistication.
- Curious operator. You value the variance in challenges a cross-functional team encounters and embrace unexpected hurdles with a mindset that seeks to understand the landscape before charting a course towards a solution.
- Pragmatic optimizer. You identify when something’s harder than it should be, articulate why change is needed, and affect change through incremental improvements towards an audacious end goal.
- Champion of Inclusion. You want everyone on the team to have a voice and are open and eager to hear everyone's thoughts, helping to guide the team to good solutions.
- Low ego, high integrity. You value doing what’s right over being right. You pivot when a better path forward arises in order to meet technical and business needs, and are comfortable saying something when a course correction is needed.
What you bring:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, or a related field, with a strong emphasis on AI/ML and LLMs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Significant experience in AI/ML engineering, preferably with a track record of thriving in a highly empowered, less structured environment
- Demonstrated ability in designing and training LLMs.
- Expertise in Databricks/Apache Spark for large-scale data processing in AI/ML applications.
- Expertise with AWS Bedrock and Comprehend
- Demonstrated leadership in AI/ML solutions in a commercial environment
- Expertise in programming languages such as R, Python, and Java, with a particular focus on data exploration and processing.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Great mission. Creating a safe and productive environment for families to co-exist is extremely important for us; we’ve been doing it for 20 years and are deeply motivated by adding value to the lives of parents, children, and practitioners.
Growing team. While we’ve been around for a while, we continue to evolve and innovate. That’s what keeps us going! You’ll have an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our organization as we hit our second stride.
Amazing Culture. OurFamilyWizard has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Here’s a list of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: OFW Pays 100% of the premium for employee AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 4% match with immediate vesting
- 12 weeks paid leave for all new parents
- Learning & Development stipend for employees
- 12 Paid Holidays + Paid Winter Break
- Supportive and flexible working environment – work from anywhere!
Come As You Are!
OurFamilyWizard provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.